New Scholarship Opportunity from Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs – One Young World Summit!
21st October 2021
About the One Young World Summit
This May, Tokyo will host the One Young World Summit 2022. The Summit will see 2000 young leaders from 190+ countries descend to Tokyo for the global forum for young leaders. During the Summit, delegates will present and debate solutions to our time’s most pressing issues alongside senior leaders.
Underemployment and the lack of employment opportunities are one of the most significant socio-economic and security challenges we face, partially brought on due to the youth bulge present in many countries around the world. The consequences of youth unemployment affect more than the youth itself as it can lead to poverty, violent extremism, political instability, drugs and crime.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) prioritises improving young people’s prospects in a number of developing countries and fragile states by supporting local entrepreneurs and job creation. The MFA believes that OYW offers a great opportunity to young people to become engaged, get involved and build on successful initiatives and provides a platform to connect to other changemakers around the world. That is why the Dutch MFA collaborates with One Young World and therein provides scholarships for delegates to participate in the global Summit around creating youth employment opportunities for prosperous and peaceful societies.
Selected Enterprise for Peace Scholars will receive
– Access to the pre-Summit programme of the Dutch MFA (location t.b.a.)
– Access to the One Young World Summit in May 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
– Travel to and hotel accommodation on a shared basis in the pre-Summit – location and Tokyo and travel back to the country of origin.
– Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner during the One Young – World Summit and the pre-Summit programme.
– Transportation between the OYW Summit accommodation and the OYW Summit venue.
– Profiling in various media outlets.
– Aged 18 – 34 by date of One Young World Summit 2022 in May
– Candidates need to be actively engaged in the fields of youth employment and job creation, either as entrepreneurs or in a similar role (and be able to demonstrate this)
– Nationals of and residents in one of the following countries are eligible for the scholarship: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Senegal, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, Uganda. Please note that candidates with a refugee status are certainly eligible.
Applications Close on 15 November 2021
Further details can be founder here: https://www.oneyoungworld.com/scholarships/mfa-efp/2022
- November 2021
- October 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- May 2019
- February 2019
- May 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- February 2017